Saturday, March 29, 2008

29/30

Woke up to unexpected sunshine so skipped breakfast and headed out as I knew it wouldn't last. Trails very wet from all of the rain we've had but still fun. Was pretty tired after a couple of hours (about my limit for a ride with no food) so headed home.

Two more people have dropped out of the running for 30/30 - Sara was undone by a trip to Scotland and a delayed flight and Jenn was ill :(

For the rest of us, 1 day to go!

35km|140mins|Dry & Sunny then cloudy, cool, windy
Rating 6/10

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You saw me again, too.

simondbarnes said...

That's true, I did! You were the only rider I saw until I passed the cafe on the way home and then I saw quite a few on the bridleway and the road home.
I got overtaken by a roadie going between the reservoirs but he didn't know how (or want) to use his gears so I passed him going up the hill whilst he was grinding up in top gear :)

G as in Chris said...

Hooray for sunshine and passing roadies!

simondbarnes said...

Shame the sunshine didn't last!

jumbly said...

You must have been heading home as I was heading out, I think we crossed paths on Horrobin Lane by the resevoir (I was on an orange kona). You did indeed get the best of the weather I got soaked, which serves me right for being lazy and not getting up for the sunshine!

simondbarnes said...

Ah yes, I think that was me! I'm so glad I got out early :)